Meet photographer Ruth Brown
Passionate | Genuine | Artistic | Fun | NZIPP Accredited Professional Photographer | Award-Winning | Storyteller
"It's my job to create an everlasting visual story of your special day and capture memories… tears… love.. joy…. because beauty is in all these"
I’m Ruth Brown from Fluidphoto, an award-winning photographer based in Wanaka, in New Zealand’s South Island. I specialise in Fine Art Wedding photography, Portraits and Commercial photography.
My background is from the Fine Arts; I was lucky enough to know from age 5 that I wanted to go to art school. Although I loved painting & drawing, I was drawn towards how photography was a curious and exciting way to create images as I saw the world. Painting was replaced by multimedia as time went by and my love of photography grew from strength to strength.
I’m a formally trained, fully qualified professional photographer and hold a BA Honours Degree in Fine Art and an MA in Digital Media Art. I’m also a NZIPP Accredited Professional Photographer (New Zealand Institute of Professional Photography) - the only qualifying body for professional photographers in New Zealand. I believe in continued education and I'm constantly updating my photography skills.
I believe that my images have an exceptional quality coming from a combination of talents very unique to me: an eye for composition, intimate knowledge of my professional equipment, a perfectionist artistic streak but also an optimistic, sparkly personality that puts my subjects at ease and allows gets straight to the heart of things.
I believe in creating the best possible experience for you - one that is enjoyable and memorable yet professional.
I’d love to connect! Coffee / wine, email, Skype or phone call. Click HERE
The photos are really beautiful! It was so wonderful going through them, brought back all the fantastic memories of the day. We have had so many compliments about them. They are really stunning, thank you so much from both of us!
Thank you for being so fantastic and putting us at ease on our wedding day. You are very professional with such a lovely warm personality it really made photography on the day so enjoyable. Regular communication throughout the lead up to the wedding and after the wedding was so much appreciated and made this element of the wedding planning very easy - definitely the best communication of all the wedding suppliers we worked with.
Thanks again Ruth, you have captured the day beautifully :) we are super happy!!"
Helen and Brett
“You will love having your wedding captured by Ruth! We received many beautiful photos and cannot decide between them! :)
From the very beginning, I felt that Ruth took the time to really consider our wedding individually. Ruth took time to meet us (twice!) to discuss photos, the wedding, Wanaka, and life in general. Because of this, we felt very comfortable with her on our wedding day and her attention to our wedding - like she was a guest!! Ruth is very organised which took a lot of stress and worry off of our plates so that we could enjoy our day.
Ruth's personality is easy-going and delightful making her incredibly easy to talk to and the whole experience that much more fun and relaxed. I don't think that I saw her without a smile ever!!
I would highly recommend Fluidphoto if you do not want to spend one minute worrying or stressing about your photos."
Rachel & Chris
More about me:
- I adore good food and am incredibly lucky to have a talented chef as my partner, Paolo. He also has a passion for organic gardening and we have an acre of land with an incredible garden he has planted.
- I will cross the street to greet a cat, so its not surprising that my family includes a beautiful tortoiseshell tabby called Dakini.
- I adore the New Zealand landscape and spend as much time as I can exploring it by foot and bike. I’ve always been drawn to large open skies in my landscape photography and I especially love the clouds here in New Zealand, which is very apparent in my wedding location photos.
- I enjoy being at home - in particular with a good science fiction book or film - but having adventures & seeing the world is quite important to my inspiration, too. I try to travel a new country every couple of years with the last trip being Central America. The next trip will be either Easter Island, Madagascar or Georgia.
Fun facts about me…
- My comfort food is mashed potato
- I love to get things in the post and a daily ritual is to go down to the letterbox to see if anything is there. This stems from an early age, where I used to enter copious competitions and send away for everything I could to receive things in the post. The funniest thing ever won was a packet of peanuts!.
- I did my Art 'O' level at age 13 - 3 years younger than usual. Since I spent so much time around the art rooms my teacher decided to enter me as an experiment… I got an A
- I am lucky with paper raffle tickets but so far unlucky with online entries.
- I still cry at weddings!