Passionate | Genuine | Artistic | Fun | NZIPP Accredited Professional Photographer | Award-Winning | Storyteller
"It's my job to create an everlasting visual story of your special day and capture memories… tears… love.. joy… because beauty is in
I’m Ruth Brown from Fluidphoto, an award-winning photographer based in Wanaka, in New Zealand’s South Island. I specialise in Fine Art Wedding photography and Portrait photography.
Of all your wedding vendors, you are going to spend most of your time with your photographer on this momentous day. It's pretty important to choose someone who you feel connected to not only in terms of style but also personality.
As a wedding photographer, I find myself on call on the lead-up to the big day with nothing being too big a problem for me to solve. I am an organiser, problem solver, cheerleader and source of buoyant, positive energy as well as a picture taker. This includes giving advice on & before the day in general. I am happy to meet you for coffee as many times as you want and am never far from email, Skype or phone call.
I will scout out locations specifically for you, taking into account the time of year and where the sun is at any one time. I will come to your rehearsal and help with suggestions on how to run your day as smoothly as possible. I will always be there when you need help with direction in posing. I am there on your day as early as you want to capture the bridal preparations and leave when the dance floor is crazy.
I will have a smile on my face and never complain. Weather doesn't faze me; in fact, I always find a positive come rain or shine with a special love of clouds. I will capture epic location photos, intimate moments and everything in-between throughout the day.
Mostly, I will give you my 200% as your wedding day is so unique and special to me.
- BA Honours Degree in Fine Art
- MA in Digital Media Art
- NZIPP Accredited Professional Photographer (New Zealand Institute of Professional Photography)
- Awards: 1 x silver & 1 x bronze IRIS Print Awards 2016, 2 x bronze IRIS Print Awards 2013
Fun facts about me…
- My comfort food is mashed potato
- I love to get things in the post and a daily ritual is to go down to the letterbox to see if anything is there. This stems from an early age, where I used to enter copious competitions and send away for everything I could to receive things in the post. The funniest thing ever won was a packet of peanuts!.
- I did my Art 'O' level at age 13 - 3 years younger than usual. Since I spent so much time around the art rooms my teacher decided to enter me as an experiment… I got an A
- I am lucky with paper raffle tickets but so far unlucky with online entries
- I will stop to greet a cat
- I still find it hard not to get too emotional and cry at every wedding!